Title: Special Topics in Separation Analytical Techniques
Level: Master / PhD
Total study time: 120h TPI: 4-2-4
Fundamentals of separation analytical techniques, such as planar chromatography (paper and thin-layer) chromatographic columns (capillary and packed) and electrophoresis. Rationale of sample preparation techniques based on separation mechanisms, such as solid phase microextraction, cloud point extraction, liquid phase microextraction and electroextraction. Discussions on the preparation of samples typically required for analytical separations. Introduction to microfluidics and to the concept of lab-on-a- chip. Description and applications in environmental, pharmaceutical, food and clinical samples.
- C. H. Collins, Gilberto Braga, Pierina S. Bonato. Fundamentos de cromatografia. Editorada Unicamp, 2006.
- D. A. Skoog, F. J. Holler, R.C. Stanley, Principles of Instrumental Analysis, Brooks Cole, 6ª ed, 2006.
- R. Ciola, Fundamentos da Cromatografia a Líquido de Alto Desempenho – HPLC, Edgard Blucher Ltda, São Paulo, 2000.
- R. Westermeier, Electrophoresis in practice: a guide to theory and practice. John Wiley, 2005.
- V. R. Meyer, Practical High-Performance Liquid Chromatography, John Wiley & Sons, 4 edition, New York, 2004.
- F. M. Lanças, Cromatografia em Fase Gasosa, São Carlos: Acta, 1993.
- R. P. W. Scott, Liquid Chromatography Column Theory, John Wiley & Sons, 1 edition, New York, 1991.
- R. L. Grob, Eugene F. Barry, Modern Practice of Gas Chromatography, John Wiley & Sons, 4th edition, New York, 2004.
- J. Pawliszyn, Solid Phase Microextraction. New York: John Wiley, 1997.
- J. Pawliszyn, Sampling and Sample Preparation for Field and Laboratory. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2002. 1131 p.