Title: Determination of reactions mechanism
Level: Master / PhD
Total study time: 96h TPI: (4-0-4)
Acquisition of kinetic data for the determination of rate law and molecular interpretation of kinetic equations; use of stereochemistry on the determination of mechanisms. Temperature effect and activation parameters determination; Eyring equation. Mechanism determination applying isotopic labeling and kinetic isotope effect. Electronic effect of substituents and free energy-linear correlation; Hammett and Taft equations.
- Smith, M.; March, J., March’s Advanced Organic Chemistry: Reactions, Mechanisms, and Structure, 6th edition, Wiley, 2007.
- Anslyn, E. V. V.; Dougherty, D. A., Modern Physical Organic Chemistry, Universal Science Books, 2005.
- Carey, F. A. A.; Sundberg, R. J., Advanced Organic Chemistry, Part A: Structure and Mechanisms, 4th edition, Springer-Verlag (LLC), 2001.
- Carey, F. A. A.; Sundberg, R. J., Advanced Organic Chemistry, Part B: Reaction and Synthesis, 4th edition, Springer-Verlag (LLC), 2001.
- Carroll, F. A.; Perspectives on Structure and Mechanism in Organic Chemistry, Brooks/Cole, 1997.
- Lowry, T. H.; Richardson, K. S., Mechanism and Theory in Organic Chemistry, 3rd edition, Addison-Wesley, 1997.