Title: Solid state chemistry
Level: Master / PhD
Total study time: 96h TPI: (4-0-4)
Review of modern physics, free electrons in the metal, chemical bonds in solids, symmetries of crystalline state, energy bands, dynamics of the crystal lattice, specific heat of solids, magnetism, superconductivity, oscillating fields in solids, electron paramagnetic resonance, group theory and its application to the solid state, some experimental techniques for solid-state materials characterization.
- A.R. West, Basic Solid State Chemistry. 2 ed. John Wiley, 2005.
- C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics, John Wiley, 2005.
- M.A. White, Physical Properties of Materials, CRC Press, 2012.
- N.W. Ashcroft e N.D. Mermin, Física do Estado Sólido, Cengage Learning, 2011.
- J.E. Huheey, E.A. Keiter, R.L. Keiter, Inorganic Chemistry. 4o. ed., Harper Collins, 1993.
- U. Müller, Inorganic Structural Chemistry 2o. ed., Wiley, 1992.
- W.A. Harrison, Electronic Structure and the Properties of Solids, Dover Publications, 1989.
- B.N. Figgis, M.A. Hitchaman, Ligand Field Theory and Its Applications, Wiley, 2000.