Title: Integrated Chemistry I
Level: Master / PhD
Total study time: 168h TPI: (6-2-6)
Theory of molecular orbitals and chemical bonds (qualitative): simple polyatomic systems; Organic systems: sigma and pi bonds; Chemical bonding in inorganic complexes. Relationship between structure and energy: conformational analysis and molecular mechanics. Non-covalent solutions and bonds including simple thermodynamics of solutions. Chemistry of acids and bases and linear relations of free energy. Principles of kinetics, energy surfaces and transition state theory. Experimental methods used in kinetics and their applications. Mechanisms of the most common reactions. Kinetic vs. thermodynamic product.
- Keeler, P. Wothers, Chemical Structureand Reactivity – An Integrated Approach (1th ed), Oxford, 2008.
- A. McQuarrie, J. D. Simon, Physical Chemistry: a Molecular Approach, Univ Sci Books, 1997.
- A. Cotton, Advanced inorganic chemistry. 6th ed. New York: Wiley, 1999.
- I, Fleming , Molecular Orbitals and Organic Chemical Reactions, Wiley, 2009.
- Smith, J. March, March’s Advanced Organic Chemistry: Reactions, Mechanisms and Structure. 6ª Ed, Wiley, 2007.
- E. Huheey, E. A. Keiter, R. L. Keiter, Inorganic Chemistry: Principles of Structure and Reactivity, 4th Ed., Harper Collins, 1993.
- A. Skoog, D. M. West, F. F. Holler, S. R. Crouch, Fundamentos de Química Analítica, 8a Ed, Thomson, 2006.
- A. Cotton, Chemical Applications of Group Theory, 3th ed., New York: John Wiley, 1990.
- Artigos diversos de revistas científicas de circulação internacional (disponíveis na base de dados da CAPES: http://novo.periodicos.capes.gov.br/)